Freeman



Thursday evening. I received a phone call from MARA asking about my proposed flight date. Encik Fakhri asked why do I insist on going back home on the 2nd of June. I said to him if I were to go back home during Ramadhan, nobody would pick me up at the airport. He then took my reasoning into consideration and hang up. Minutes later, I received an unknown phone call from NY. It was Debbie, the one who is responsible for our flight arrangements. She called me to confirm about my flight date and asked whether I'm ready to depart the next morning (Thursday) or opt for a later date (Friday).

Tbh, although I was happy that time because MARA was able to process my documents on time, I was indecisive. I was thinking that if I choose Thursday, I will be able to fly together with my friends. But if I choose Friday instead, I will be flying alone. So, I couldn't give Debbie my final decision yet and I promised to give her a call once I've finalized my decision. I hang up and called my sister right away. Apparently, she was not much of a help.

I started to feel nervous. I have no idea what I was thinking that time. I took my phone and sent a text to him. I asked whether he's available on Friday morning to send me off to the airport and he said yes. As soon as he replied, I suddenly felt certain that I will choose Friday instead of Thursday. Once I've confirmed my details with Debbie, I texted him once again asking him to keep it as a secret because nobody knows that I'll be leaving on Friday except him. I said to him that it will remain a secret until I've mentioned about it to my housemates.

But I was surprised by his response, he said that it would be better if I could tell my housemates about my departure so that they could at least bid their last farewell to me. Again, I was influenced by his thoughts (which I don't understand why on earth am I being easy on him). I listened to him and so I informed my housemates. Later on that day, I sent him another text to tell him to pick me up around 4.45am. He said okay but he will be ready to pick me up around 4.30am instead as he thinks that 4.45am sounds a bit late. Again, I listened to him without hesitation.

Finally, it was Friday. He was on time to pick me up together with my housemates.


Realist

Nobody.

No comments: